I have been resisting Facebook’s “25 Things,” partly because I’m suspicious of anything overly-popular, but mostly because I already listed 65 things in the “About” section of this blog, long before I ever used Facebook.
But I have also been feeling guilty about not doing it, since friends keep tagging me to do it, and since I honestly have enjoyed reading other people’s 25 things.
So here are 25 things about me, except in this case, the “me” is Sophie.
- My name is Sophie and I’m addicted to breast milk.
- I can jump.
- The English language still confuses me. Why are there separate words for “circle,” “round,” “bubble,” and “balloon”? I’m leading a new movement to simplify this language. Henceforth, everything circular will be called “ball.”
- I used to be a much more adventurous eater. Now, it’s bean burritos, chicken tamales, or nada.
- I just discovered that the big flat thing in the living-room can sometimes contain Elmo moving and talking and singing. Otherwise, that television is boring.
- Baths are good but getting your hair wet is NOT NOT NOT good at all.
- I am very fond of my bellybutton. I’ll show it to anyone who asks and some people who don’t ask.
- I’m not quite sure why Daycare Teacher says “Don’t spit,” but Daddy says, “That’s a funny noise! Do it again!”
- Why are there separate words for “hat” and “bike helmet”? “Bike hat,” now that I could understand, but what’s with this word “helmet”?
- I have my parents wrapped around my very-cute finger.
- My favorite things (other than bicycles and my own bellybutton) are choo-choo trains and the color pink. I have yet to see a pink choo-choo, though. That would be thrilling.
- Waaaaahhhhh aaargh!
- I’m not quite sure why I just had an outburst with #12. I’m kinda moody like that.
- “No, kitty, no” is one of my favorite things to say. Even when the kitty is yes.
- I can walk up the slide.
- I firmly believe that close attention must be paid whenever we encounter one of the following fascinating items: a flower, a motorcycle, a baby, an airplane, a bird, a kite, a kitty-cat, a button, a choo-choo train, a bug, a bicycle, or a person wearing a hat.
- I think I look good in hats.
- Actually, I think I look good almost all the time.
- I don’t want any help getting my socks on. Waaah arghhhhhhhh waaah. Okay, you can help me a little. Now stop. I’ll do it myself.
- If I have to wear shoes, I prefer wearing my shoes on the wrong feet.
- These are my best friends: Nevin, Macy, Mila, Chloe, my pink-and-white-socks, my kittycats, and, most especially, Blankie.
- Twenty-five things is a lot to come up with when you’ve only lived twenty-two months.
- Other foods that make me say “nummmmm”: hummus, canned beans, plain pasta with creamy yogurt, yogurt with wheat-germ, white rice, frozen mango, frozen blueberries, avocado, fish tacos, sometimes cereal, and donuts.
- I like to peel hardboiled eggs but not really eat them.
- Please draw me a picture of Elmo.