Yesterday when I let the cat in around midnight, she was literally sparkling from static electricity. It’s that hot and dry around here. We’re lucky that our static-y sparkling cat didn’t spark a fire.
Today, I had to check the traffic reports before driving home, because my main highway route (I-5 through Camp Pendleton) was closed at mid-day due to fires. But by mid-afternoon the highway had reopened, so I drove home as usual, as if it were just another highway, with nothing visible to me to suggest that this ordinary stretch of highway had, just a few hours earlier, been engulfed in flames.
Sometimes life in SoCal is surreal.