I already posted my basic baby-food recipes here, but now we have discovered a little more variety.
- We’ve gone beyond banana and avocado to almost any soft fruit: peaches, kiwi, pineapple, mango, strawberries, blackberries.
- Some vegetables seem to help her toothing gums too: chilled slices of cucumber are a favorite right now, sometimes cooked potatoes (including french fries, unfortunately), and even raw carrot. She bites off only as much as she can swallow, conveniently. She doesn’t seem to like frozen peas as much as every other baby, though, except in pea-zucchini soup.
- Cream-on-top yogurt remains a favorite. I stir in some wheat germ and some crushed flax seed, and she laps it all up.
- Toast with cream cheese.
- Hardboiled eggs now, not just scrambled.
- Couscous with vegetables mixed in, and chicken.
- Fish in a white-sauce. You know, a sauce of butter & flour & milk, and maybe some herbs – the adults in our household love this meal, too.
- Almost any dried fruit. This is another chewy food that seems to soothe her gums a lot, and she can suck happily on it while I’m making the rest of our dinner.
I’ll try to keep adding as we keep discovering more quick healthy foods that work. Sophie has only two teeth on top, and two on bottom, so I’m truly amazed at what she can gum. I may make orange-juice popsicles later today and see how those go.